[parted-devel] Correct the "msftres" flag bug in GNU Parted

KESHAV P.R. skodabenz at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 10:25:47 UTC 2009

On 05/09/2009, Jim Meyering <jim at meyering.net> wrote:
> Thank you for the suggestion.
> Please submit it using the procedure described here:
>
>   http://git.sv.gnu.org/cgit/coreutils.git/plain/HACKING
>
> That way, if I apply it, you'll already be listed as the "Author",
> and we'll be able to use (I hope) the ChangeLog-style log entry
> you wrote.  Even better would be to include a test suite addition
> to verify the changed behavior and a NEWS entry to document it.

I am not the actual author of this. I read about this code in some forum (I
don't remember the name of the forum). The author of the post had just
mentioned that deleting this code will correct the problem. My only addition
to the bug report is the supporting information from Microsoft site and the
link to GPT fdisk software. In any case I am providing the required patch
but this patch is not such a great one, just a one line change solves the
problem. Sorry I don't know how to create a test suite etc and I don't know
whether my style of writing log entry is correct. This is the first time I
am trying my hand at things like SVN, GIT and patches and I am not a
programmer either (though I know how to compile softwares, provided the
makefiles are present). Thank you.