[parted-devel] Bug: Removal of BLKPG causes regression of ability to manipulate disks with other partitions in use

Phillip Susi psusi at cfl.rr.com
Wed Apr 14 17:57:56 UTC 2010

On 4/14/2010 1:31 PM, Curtis Gedak wrote:
> I apologize for the lack of clarity Phillip.  By "not recognize" I mean
> that "parted ... print" does not show the file system on /dev/sda1 as
> "ext2", as shown in the following terminal session sample:
>

> ubuntu at ubuntu:~$ sudo parted /dev/sda unit s print
> Model: ATA VMware Virtual I (scsi)
> Disk /dev/sda: 2097152s
> Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
> Partition Table: msdos
>
> Number  Start     End       Size      Type     File system  Flags
> 1      63s       1220939s  1220877s  primary
> 2      1220940s  2088449s  867510s   primary  ntfs

Ahh, so it does not recognize the type of the filesystem in the
partition.  But the partition appears to actually be just fine and can
be mounted?  What if you exit and restart parted?  Does it still not
recognize the fs type or does this only happen immediately after
creating the partition?  If it still will not work, does rebooting fix it?