[parted-devel] Bug: Removal of BLKPG causes regression of ability to manipulate disks with other partitions in use

Curtis Gedak gedakc at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 18:38:16 UTC 2010

Phillip Susi wrote:

> Ahh, so it does not recognize the type of the filesystem in the
> partition.  But the partition appears to actually be just fine and can
> be mounted?

Yes, the partition and file system do appear to be okay.  I can mount
the partition and I can write to and read from the file system.

>   What if you exit and restart parted?

If I exit and restart parted then the problem still persists.  There is
no change.

>   Does it still not
> recognize the fs type or does this only happen immediately after
> creating the partition?

The file system type is still not recognized by parted.

NOTE:  If I unmount the higher mounted partition (e.g., umount
/dev/sda2) then parted does correctly recognize the file system properly
on the lower partition (/dev/sda1).

>   If it still will not work, does rebooting fix it?

After rebooting, parted does correctly recognize the file system.

Regards,
Curtis Gedak