[parted-devel] [patch] Use 'p' partition separator only when necessary

Phillip Susi psusi at cfl.rr.com
Wed Dec 7 17:57:04 UTC 2011

On 12/07/2011 11:44 AM, Jim Meyering wrote:
> Thanks for the new test.
> Unfortunately, at least on my F-16 (3.1.0-1.fc16.x86_64) desktop,
> it leads to creation of a hung and unkillable parted process
> that is running this command:
>
>     parted -s /pe/tests/gt-t6001-psep.sh.IQaO/root/dev/mapper/plinear-25167 \
>       mkpart primary fat32 1m 5m
>
> This will probably serve as impetus for me to reboot.
> Current uptime is a whopping 40 days, and a newer 3.1.4 kernel awaits.

I had the same thing happen to me when running the test suite on your master branch.  I tried to reproduce it, but couldn't.  There seems to be a bug in the kernel somewhere.  I'm running Ubuntu's 3.2-rc3 kernel.

> Two nits:
>
> When I applied that using "git am FILE", it complained about the two
> trailing spaces.  "make syntax-check" would have spotted those, too.

Damn... I could have sworn I got those using whitespace mode in emacs.  Oh, I see, I thought those two spaces were required but I guess not.

How's this one: