[parted-devel] developer wanted for GNN parted

Jim Meyering jim at meyering.net
Sat Oct 15 08:49:10 UTC 2011

xiaokang Cui wrote:
>     Currently, I wirte code about disk storage for android system, I like to
> program for disk partitions. Want to join The Developers Team and donate my
> code.

Thanks for your interest.
Here is the reply I just gave to someone else:

  As you may have seen from the recent volume of bug reports and patches,
  there is still plenty of room for improvement in parted, so if you're
  inclined, we would most welcome patches.

  However, while a bug-fixing patch is often very welcome,
  without a corresponding addition or matching adjustment to
  the test suite, I usually will not (or cannot) apply it immediately.
  That means I end up waiting until I have time to write or adjust a
  test script to exercise the new bug, and that tends to take longer than
  I would like.

  If you're interested in helping, start by git-cloning the sources
  and then read the two files, README-hacking and HACKING.
  Then find an unaddressed bug-report on the mailing lists
  (bug-parted at gnu.org and parted-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org)
  and if it doesn't have a test suite addition, try to write one.
  Follow one of the many examples in the tests/ directory.