[parted-devel] FAT16/32 Resize Replacement?

Curtis Gedak gedakc at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 21:22:40 UTC 2011

Has anyone discovered a free software replacement for resizing FAT16/32
file systems?

With the release of Parted 3.0, all of the file system resizing code was
removed.  This included the code for resizing FAT16 and FAT32 file systems.

I know of two command line FAT resizing projects, but it appears that
both of these use the libparted library from the parted project.  Hence
these will cease to work with Parted 3.0+.

fatresize
http://sourceforge.net/projects/fatresize/

resizefat
http://sourceforge.net/projects/resizefat/

Jim Meyering,

If I recall you mentioned that someone might be working on a FAT16/32
resize replacement.
Do you have any updates on this endeavour?

Regards,
Curtis Gedak