[parted-devel] Copyright assignment form for parted

Phil Susi psusi at ubuntu.com
Fri Oct 9 15:20:07 UTC 2015

On 10/8/2015 7:13 PM, Brian C. Lane wrote:
> I'm not really sure why the original parted authors chose to expose it.
> It is an integral part of the mac disklabel and really should be hidden
> from view. My concern there is unknown side-effects in such a change.

Well there is always the rule of unintended consequences, but I don't
think that should stop you from correcting past mistakes.

> It seems the real goal here is to keep tools like gparted from showing
> it as an unknown real partition. That should be solvable by simply
> looking at the disklabel type and handling the partition differently.

You could, but fixing it in libparted would also fix it for parted
users.  It is just as confusing to use parted and see this goofy
partition there, and it is *really* bad that it allows you to delete it,
which breaks the partition table.