[parted-devel] Copyright assignment form for parted

Brian C. Lane bcl at redhat.com
Thu Oct 8 23:13:57 UTC 2015

On Thu, Oct 01, 2015 at 10:22:14PM -0400, Al Dunsmuir wrote:
> In realizing that the Apple_partition_map partition must be the first
> partition, I also now see that you are correct that that partition is
> really metadata for the mac volume.

I'm not really sure why the original parted authors chose to expose it.
It is an integral part of the mac disklabel and really should be hidden
from view. My concern there is unknown side-effects in such a change.

It seems the real goal here is to keep tools like gparted from showing
it as an unknown real partition. That should be solvable by simply
looking at the disklabel type and handling the partition differently.