[parted-devel] Double-posting to list

M. J. Everitt m.j.everitt at iee.org
Wed Nov 14 01:38:19 GMT 2018

On 13/11/18 23:55, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 07:39:50PM +0000, M. J. Everitt wrote:
>> I seem to be getting two copies of every mail sent to the list in the last
>> week or so .. its not unique to sender either.
> I'm not, as far as I've noticed, so it's not a general problem.  I'd
> suggest comparing Received lines of a pair of mostly-identical emails
> you receive to see if you spot anything interesting about the path the
> emails take on their way to you.

Picking one at random I see the following in my message headers:-

To: "Brian C. Lane" <bcl at redhat.com>, parted-devel at alioth-lists.debian.net,

        parted-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org

I'm not sure where this 'lists.alioth.debian.org' is coming from vs.
'alioth-lists.debian.net' .. but clearly there seem to be some duplication
or non-de-duplication happening somewhere (possibly list DNS migrations or
something going on?).