[parted-devel] Double-posting to list

Hatayama, Daisuke d.hatayama at jp.fujitsu.com
Thu Nov 15 06:26:23 GMT 2018

> On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 01:38:19AM +0000, M. J. Everitt wrote:
> > > I'm not, as far as I've noticed, so it's not a general problem.  I'd
> > > suggest comparing Received lines of a pair of mostly-identical emails
> > > you receive to see if you spot anything interesting about the path the
> > > emails take on their way to you.
> > >
> > Picking one at random I see the following in my message headers:-
> >
> > To: "Brian C. Lane" <bcl at redhat.com>, parted-devel at alioth-lists.debian.net,
> >
> >         parted-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org

> > I'm not sure where this 'lists.alioth.debian.org' is coming from vs.
> > 'alioth-lists.debian.net' .. but clearly there seem to be some duplication
> > or non-de-duplication happening somewhere (possibly list DNS migrations or
> > something going on?).
>
> Ah, in that case that's just because some people are literally sending a
> message to the list twice under its old and new addresses.  They
> generally seem to be in portions of threads originating with Brian.

Sorry for the noise. I did just that.

I have just registered this ML last week, my e-mail had yet to
be configured to be sent to each subscribers at that time.
At that time I tried to send the same mail a few times.

> I think what's happening is that people still send to
> parted-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org rather than
> parted-devel at alioth-lists.debian.net for any of various likely reasons,

I send the first e-mail to parted-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org wrongly
because I picked up it from

    https://www.gnu.org/software/parted/

or

    https://www.gnu.org/software/parted/lists.shtml

either of which still describes old address.

Thanks.
HATAYAMA, Daisuke