[Parted-maintainers] Re: parted documentation updates

Nikolaus Schulz microschulz@web.de
Thu, 19 May 2005 21:23:31 +0200

Hello,

things stalled here a little bit, sorry for that. And my iBook broke
down :-(( I guess it's the famous LogicBoard issue again...
Fortunately, I was able to extract my data. I intend to get on with the
parted documentation tomorrow.

K.G. wrote:
> > Guillaume, you wrote that 2.4. kernels are quite buggy as it comes
> > to hfs resizing. Which versions did you test? For now I've put that
> > "as of fall 2004"...  And can someone confirm that parted _cannot_
> > create hfs(+) formatted volumes? Guillaume?
>
> As far as I remberer it was 2.4.21.

Oh, wow, that was June '03. I was not even close :-)
Well, even though this is a little bit dated, I still think it's worth
being documented.

> I'll check ASAP if the last 2.4 version is still buggy.

That would be nice to know, indeed.

> I do confirm parted cannot created hfs+ volumes.

Thanks!  My current plan is to finish on Saturday. It's not clear if my
changes will make it into Sarge, but taking the latest freeze schedule,
I think there's still hope.
If you have any further additions to the manual, please let me know.

Regards,
Nikolaus