[Piuparts-devel] Ubuntu related changes for piuparts

Krzysztof Klimonda krzysztof.klimonda at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 16:00:57 UTC 2009

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 2:38 PM, Holger Levsen <holger at layer-acht.org> wrote:
> Hi Krzysztof,
>
> On Freitag, 6. November 2009, Krzysztof Klimonda wrote:
>>   piuparts was never really working in Ubuntu from the box. We have
>> always needed additional tweaks - some for Ubuntu-related quirks in
>> packages (like symlinks pointing to nowhere) or changes in piuparts
>> itself (like loading universe repository unconditionally as debfoster
>> isn't in our main). So I've decided to fix most irritating bugs and
>> make it work. A month ago I got basics working (as in I can test core
>> Ubuntu packages for errors without setting any additional overrides
>> from command line) but then got busy and forgot about it.
>> Finally today, I've found some time to get back to it. I'd like you to
>> comment on my changes (some of them as changing default Ubuntu release
>> are trivial, some like new ignored_{files,patterns} are temporary (at
>> least I hope so). Actually the only real change was abstracting
>> find_default_debian_mirrors as the current version doesn't work with
>> Ubuntu. There is also a change in debfoster call which I'd have to
>> investigate.
>> I've pushed 0.36ubuntu1 to bzr branch:
>> https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~kklimonda/+junk/piuparts
>
> Cool! I'm a lazy and launchpad often slow, can you give me the commandline to
> get it, please? either for bzr or a simple dget URL would do to :-)
>
> I just want to look at it now, in the end I think it would be best if you
> commit such changes to svn trunk yourself :) As you could use a svn branch on
> alioth...
It would be
bzr clone https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~kklimonda/+junk/piuparts

>> PS in Ubuntu sudo is part of  installation so when I check some
>> (most?) packages I have to set SUDO_FORCE_REMOVE=yes - is it possible
>> to make piuparts set it in some not-so-hacky way?
>
> I don't understand, this sounds like you set this variable to remove sudo,
> despite it's default on Ubuntu? Or what do you mean? :)
Basically, the chroot created by debootstrap for pbuilder pulls sudo
as a dependency for ubuntu-minimal package. As there is no password
for root set at the removal phase the error is thrown by sudo.prerm
and test is aborted.
One way of dealing with it is to set the SUDO_FORCE_REMOVE environment variable.

CC'ing piuparts-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org