[Piuparts-devel] some patches for piuparts

Andreas Beckmann debian at abeckmann.de
Sun Nov 6 11:20:14 UTC 2011

On 2011-11-06 11:49, Holger Levsen wrote:

>> My patches are maintained with topgit, so there is nothing you would
>> really want to merge from my repository.
>
> why not?

Each patch is a branch with a "nasty history" of merges and dependency
changes generated by topgit as well as my development stages, but topgit
could also output each patch branch as a separate commit that you could
pull from ...

> wrong) and forget about the rest(!) :-( sorry, but please either file patches
> or give me a git repo to pull from, where each patch/feature/bugfix is in a
> seperate branch. (and where you remove branches I already have merged.)

OK, I'll look how I can implement the public repository approach.

I've been running piuparts with the patches I sent (and a few more)
successfully to torture all possible installation and upgrade paths of
the nvidia and fglrx packages.

I also have a whitespace cleanup patch - expand tabs end remove trailing
whitespace - but that's a bit tricky to handle and most of my patches
would need to be rebased after applying this.
What would be the best way to get this applied to the develop branch
(where all my patches are based on) before adding more branches that
would probably have conflicts because of these changes?