[Piuparts-devel] piuparts-analyze needs to ignore BinNMU suffix in version numbers (\+b\d+$)

Mika Pflüger debian at mikapflueger.de
Sat Nov 19 02:07:57 UTC 2011

Hi,

Am Fri, 18 Nov 2011 21:38:14 +0100
schrieb Andreas Beckmann <debian at abeckmann.de>:

> On 2011-11-18 12:46, Mika Pflüger wrote:
> >> If I understood the problem correctly, it should be fixed in my
> >> binnmu-fix branch, you can e.g. pull from it:
> >> git pull http://git.hemio.de/git/piuparts binnmu-cleanup
> >
> > Sorry, hadn't pushed the branch yet, but I fixed that now. So now it
> > should work and the branch is indeed called binnmu-cleanup.
>
> Thanks! Works fine, see the log below.
>
> Eventually a bit noise could be reduced by not emitting the "maybe the
> bug was filed earlier" in case the bug is found in the current
> version, too, and therefore the logfile gets moved to bugged/.

That's a good idea, I implemented that (and less noise in case the bug
was filed against an older version and is found in bugged, so that the
"bts found ..." command is printed) in my lessnoise branch, it would be
cool if you could test that one as well:

git pull http://git.hemio.de/git/piuparts lessnoise

I don't know if my attempt to automatically detect packages having the
exact same bug again actually works - have you ever got an output of
bts found #bug version
?

I haven't seen such a case, so that I test with a logfile where I
simply replace the version number, but in reality there could be much
more differences... Holger suggested just assuming that every package
that fails piuparts again has the same error, maybe that would be a
better approach.

Cheers,

Mika

--