[Piuparts-devel] piuparts-analyze needs to ignore BinNMU suffix in version numbers (\+b\d+$)

Mika Pflüger debian at mikapflueger.de
Sat Nov 19 11:54:43 UTC 2011

Hi,

Am Sat, 19 Nov 2011 04:10:50 +0100
schrieb Andreas Beckmann <debian at abeckmann.de>:

> On 2011-11-19 03:07, Mika Pflüger wrote:
> > I don't know if my attempt to automatically detect packages having
> > the exact same bug again actually works - have you ever got an
> > output of bts found #bug version
> > ?
>
> I'm not exactly sure what you mean here ...

When piuparts-analyze finds a log for a package in fail/ (say, version
2) and in bugged/ (say, version 1), and additionally finds the bug
(say, bug number 12345) against version 1 in the bts and the equivalent
of "grep -i error $log" returns exactly the same for both logs (modulo
different dates and the different version number of the package
itself, and the piuparts chroot name), it will not output a
> package/2: Maybe the bug was filed earlier: 12345 against package/1
but will instead print
> bts found 12345 2
ready for the user to copy&paste into their terminal.

But I have the feeling that this is rather broken - it doesn't seem to
trigger at all and also doesn't provide much context for the user, if
it happens. When I wrote it, I intended to some day change it to
automatically update the bug, printing the command was merely for
testing. It seems that the testing indicates the whole stuff is useless
and we could save some code by not grepping through all the logs and
always let the user investigate. Seems to be necessary anyway. Or do
you have any ideas?

> On the other hand I reopened
> because it still does not fix the old issue

This one was not caught by my mechanism as it actually failed in
postinst earlier and now fails in postrm. The reason is the same, but
technically the error is another.

Cheers,

Mika

--