[Piuparts-devel] more merging

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Sat Nov 26 13:23:53 UTC 2011

Hi Andreas,

On Samstag, 26. November 2011, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> here are three new branches (actually only one branch (anbe3) with 2
> intermediate endpoints anbe, anbe2)) where I merged some of may trivial
> fixes and trivial cleanup into one and added appropriate changelog entries

actually I prefer seperate branches per fix/cleanup/feature...

> Andreas Beckmann (11):
>       .gitignore for files generated by make install
>       update changelog entries for my changes
>       create /etc/dpkg/dpkg.cfg.d/ if missing
>           (fix/647752-missing-dpkg.cfg.d)
>       remove logrotate (and dependencies) only once
>           (fix/purge-logrotate-once)
>       add changelog entries
> anbe ends here
>       use chroot.relative() more often to build filenames
>           (cleanup/use-chroot-relative)
>       consolidate apt-get {update,clean}
>           (cleanup/apt-get-update-clean)
>       add changelog entries
>       cleanup changelog entries for Scott
> anbe2 ands here
>       synchronize cleanup checks between install_{purge,upgrade}_test
>       add changelog entry
> anbe3 ends here

that said, all that looks good and wanted. So I guess I'll just merge those
branches, but please no combined branches in future...

> For the feature branches - which ones would you like to see going in first?

Actually, you're (all) flooding me with too many patches atm, which is great
(!!!), but just too much for me atm... so I will just go through the BTS to
see whats to pick up there. Then, I'd really like to see the stuff in the TODO
to be tackled...

And, please, keep it coming! :-)

Next weekend at the BSP in Hildesheim I should be able to catch up some more!
:-)