[Piuparts-devel] more merging

Andreas Beckmann debian at abeckmann.de
Sat Nov 26 17:03:14 UTC 2011

On 2011-11-26 14:23, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> On Samstag, 26. November 2011, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
>> here are three new branches (actually only one branch (anbe3) with 2
>> intermediate endpoints anbe, anbe2)) where I merged some of may trivial
>> fixes and trivial cleanup into one and added appropriate changelog entries
>
> actually I prefer seperate branches per fix/cleanup/feature...

this set of patches actually had a lot of collisions with each other
that would have caused merge conflicts if they had been applied
one-by-one with each being based on develop ...

> that said, all that looks good and wanted. So I guess I'll just merge those
> branches, but please no combined branches in future...

Cleaned up my branch queue.
All the other branches have been rebased on develop (solving yet more
merge conflicts) and I also added a new feature branch that lets the
slave query the master for it status i.e. package counts:

feature/master/state-command

In the slave log this looks like this:

17:59 Running section sid/main
17:59 Connecting to localhost
18:00 Master didn't reserve anything (more) for us
18:00 Master status: successfully-tested=32552 failed-testing=537
cannot-be-tested=0 essential-required=60 waiting-to-be-tested=0
waiting-for-dependency-to-be-tested=0 dependency-failed-testing=1547
dependency-cannot-be-tested=8 dependency-does-not-exist=120
circular-dependency=0 unknown=7 unknown-preferred-alternative=1
no-dependency-from-alternatives-exists=10 total=34842
18:00 Connection to master closed