[Piuparts-devel] setting priority of sections

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Sun Nov 27 13:46:41 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Samstag, 26. November 2011, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> one master-directory on one master-host, but several concurrent
> piuparts-master processes may be running on this driven by different
> slaves ... and all writing to the same log file ==> BUG/RACE!

that, and I really like the master-slave communication to stay simple too.
instead of several masters master should rather become a daemon, me thinks.

> my patch in branch
>   feature/master/state-command
> allows to access the package counts on master

looks good - please provide documentation in README.txt, then I'll merge this
branch.

> Are there logs available where we could get a "number of packages
> processed per day and section" as well as idle time?

there is only a counter used to generate the graphics and then there are all
the logs, incl.in archive/

> piuparts-master is already taking 250-350 MB RAM for a single section,
> you don't want to have multiple sections persistent :-)
> (piuparts-report takes > 3 GB RAM in my setup)

piatti has 8gb, so that's ok for piuparts.d.o now.