[Piuparts-devel] packages creating TEXMFLOCAL/ls-R

Andreas Beckmann debian at abeckmann.de
Sun Apr 15 09:26:30 UTC 2012

On 2012-04-15 05:34, Norbert Preining wrote:
> None of them is *our* failure!!! We *always* shipped proper code in the dh_installtex part, only tex-common's own code was wrong.

:-)

> All these packages have to be fixed by the resp. maintainers.

As I don't know anything about TeX packaging in Debian, I find it hard
to report (serious) bugs against these packages *and* give good advice
how to fix them.

What are these packages doing *wrongly*?
What should they do instead?
(Probably: use dh_installtex; don't call mktexlsr, ... manually)
What should the maintainers of the buggy packages read to learn current
TeX packaging practise?

A few paragraphs that I can use for a bug reporting template would be
appreciated, probably ending with "For further TeX packaging related
questions contact debian-tex-maint at l.d.o".

> BTW, they should all have been already detected a long time ago I assume?

Yes, but nobody looked at these failues in detail. With the new texlive
uploaded to unstable I thought this is a good time :-)