[Piuparts-devel] packages creating TEXMFLOCAL/ls-R

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sun Apr 15 11:10:14 UTC 2012

On So, 15 Apr 2012, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> What are these packages doing *wrongly*?
> What should they do instead?

I checked all packages you send me, all of them simply call
	mktexlsr
which creates /usr/local/share/texmf/ls-R when they should call
	mktexlsr /usr/share/texmf

> (Probably: use dh_installtex; don't call mktexlsr, ... manually)

Yes, or that.

> What should the maintainers of the buggy packages read to learn current
> TeX packaging practise?

Debian-TeX-Policy in tex-common.

> A few paragraphs that I can use for a bug reporting template would be
> appreciated, probably ending with "For further TeX packaging related
> questions contact debian-tex-maint at l.d.o".

That is fine if you add it, I added one or two sentences at the otehr
email.

> Yes, but nobody looked at these failues in detail. With the new texlive
> uploaded to unstable I thought this is a good time :-)

Hahahaha, as we don't have anything else to do ;-)

Best wishes

Norbert