[Piuparts-devel] for review: preview/compute-urls

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Mon Jun 4 12:07:00 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Sonntag, 3. Juni 2012, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> If master and slave are on different hosts and have different
> architectures ... they will use different Packages files.

IMO this should be detected and result in refusal to run.

Which would mean we need to extend the protocol,
http://piuparts.debian.org/doc/README.html#_distributed_piuparts_testing_protocol

Probably by adding a new command, "architecture $arch",  to be issued by the
slave after master says "hello", to which master either replies "ok" or
"error"...

> Until now everything was hardcoded multiple times in the URLs.

right :)

> That's my objection against using dpkg --print-architecture, all the
> other defaults are fine.
>
> Well, I could add a get_arch method that uses dpkg --print-architecture
> if master-host == localhost

that sounds reasonable to me too.