[Piuparts-devel] for review: preview/compute-urls

Andreas Beckmann debian at abeckmann.de
Sun Jun 3 12:20:33 UTC 2012

On 2012-06-03 11:22, Holger Levsen wrote:
>>       document mirror/distro/area/arch piuparts.conf settings
>
> I think there should be defaults:
>
> mirror = cdn.debian.net
> distro = sid
> area = main
> arch = $(dpkg --print-architecture)
>
> Setting the arch on a slave only makes sense seldomly, that is, when you let
> amd64 hosts be i386 slaves. So there should+can be a reasonable default, which
> only rarely will be overwritten.

If master and slave are on different hosts and have different
architectures ... they will use different Packages files.
Until now everything was hardcoded multiple times in the URLs.

That's my objection against using dpkg --print-architecture, all the
other defaults are fine.

Well, I could add a get_arch method that uses dpkg --print-architecture
if master-host == localhost