[Piuparts-devel] concerning master-slave packaging

Andreas Beckmann debian at abeckmann.de
Wed Jun 13 01:08:27 UTC 2012

On 2012-06-13 01:55, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mittwoch, 13. Juni 2012, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
>> IMHO piuparts-master and piuparts-slave need to be packaged
>> independently.
>
> I thought so too, but then... a whole package for piuparts-master.py?

that and piuparts-report
the scripts are small, but they have a ton of dependencies that are not
needed for the slave, e.g.

python-rpy r-recommended r-base-dev ghostscript
and their Depends (w/o Recommends): 173 MB

And we will need a common package for the python modules that are used
by both master and slave.
And the proper python packaging helper should be used to do this, no
more hardcoding paths for python 2.6, 2.7 and manually installing things
from there into the package.