[Piuparts-devel] RFC: preview/load-defaults-from-global

Dave Steele dsteele at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 18:44:03 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 2:16 PM, Andreas Beckmann <debian at abeckmann.de> wrote:

> Andreas Beckmann (3):
>      p-m/s/r: load defaults for [section] from [global]
>
> In order to simplify the [section] config by removing redundancies I
> added support to load default values from the [global] section.

See below for an alternate method of defaulting section variables in
global. Changes are isolated to conf.py.

I've been running with this for a couple of months, though I haven't
exercised edits to piuparts.conf thoroughly (or run many sections).

https://github.com/davesteele/piuparts/commit/dfb702cd96d07c2d32cbda12de7a417f18b97525
https://github.com/davesteele/piuparts/commit/71244bdaa5472077b414804e80a8edba4da416c6

Whichever way you go, I support the concept.

I voted for [global] over [defaults]. there should be little chance of
collisions.