[Piuparts-devel] pull: update-depends

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Mon Jun 18 15:46:56 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Montag, 18. Juni 2012, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> Andreas Beckmann (2):
>       run wrap-and-sort -a -s
>       update Depends/Recommends/...

pushed + merged.

> I don't really care for the sorting part (I prefer to have some logical
> ordering than alphabetical) but the wrapping is important to have
> readable diffs when updating dependencies.

yup, thanks for the cleanup!

> I haven't actually verified my changes, thats just what came immediately
> into my mind.
> The extra r-* deps are from README_piatti.txt

looked good to me.

> Recommending apache should be sufficient to allow no or a different
> webserver (with manual configuration).

yup.

> What about adding a metapackage "piuparts-from-git" that carries all the
> Depends needed?

I think that's too much, adding a package does have a cost, and
getting+installing the list of depends is rather easy anyway.

> PS: the 12:00 -report run generated html with a usable doc-root again :-)

yup, here too, thats why I pushed that code to piatti :)

> P: piuparts source: unversioned-copyright-format-uri
> http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5
> I: piuparts: debian-news-entry-uses-asterisk
> I: piuparts: possible-documentation-but-no-doc-base-registration

I haven't yet seen those ;)

> W: piuparts: changelog-news-debian-mismatch distribution UNRELEASED !=
> unstable

will go away with dch -r

> W: piuparts-slave: binary-without-manpage usr/sbin/piuparts_slave_join
> W: piuparts-slave: binary-without-manpage usr/sbin/piuparts_slave_run

/me nods, true

> E: piuparts-slave: python-script-but-no-python-dep
> usr/share/piuparts/piuparts-slave
> E: piuparts-master: python-script-but-no-python-dep
> usr/share/piuparts/piuparts-analyze
> E: piuparts-master: python-script-but-no-python-dep
> usr/share/piuparts/piuparts-master
> E: piuparts-master: python-script-but-no-python-dep
> usr/share/piuparts/piuparts-report

needs investigation...