[Piuparts-devel] master data file of (timestamp, logfile) for generating stats

Andreas Beckmann debian at abeckmann.de
Wed Jun 20 13:29:40 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'd like to introduce a new master logfile that can be used for
generating statistics later on. First lets add the new file, the stats
can come later, once we have some data.

It's a file to be placed in MASTER_DIRECTORY/SECTION/, but I cannot
think about a good name. submissions.dat? .txt? not a .log!
These should be backed up as well ...

The information I want to store is
   "%d %s\n" % (time.time(), logfile)
tuples. Do we need anything else? For getting a number of logs per day
just the timestamp would be sufficient, but maybe we want to do more
analysis in the future.

The only sensible place where we can do master-slave statistics is per
section in the master, the master can't distinguish different slaves.
Of course, the same data can be collected by the slave additionally, but
we probably wanted something that can be graphed by piuparts-report.