[Piuparts-devel] EDOS file overwrite check between distributions?

Ralf Treinen ralf.treinen at pps.jussieu.fr
Thu Mar 1 17:40:03 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 04:35:55PM +0100, Andreas Beckmann wrote:

> Should we put these scripts into some repository?

They are currently in the git repo of dose (dose is the next generation
of edos). Would you like to have them rather in the piuparts git repo?
If yes, what do I have to do in order to get write access to that repo?
I am asking since Andreas does not seem to be a member of the alioth
project but has write access to the git.

> How often do the Contents files get updated?

Several times a day. A few years ago when I started with my tests it
was once per week.

> Even if installation tests can't be performed automatically, the
> following may be useful, too:
> * whenever the contents files are updated, save a copy of them together
> with the Packages file(s)
> * detect possible overwrite problems between the current and the
> previous snapshot (usually files moved around or packages renamed with
> insufficient Breaks/Replaces)
> * report the difference between the current and the previous report
> (primarily package pairs that newly appeared)

yes. That seems to require the same type of test case generator as the
one that would be used for testing upgrade between releases.

-Ralf.
--
Ralf Treinen
Laboratoire Preuves, Programmes et Systèmes