[Piuparts-devel] testing packages that need a database

Andreas Beckmann debian at abeckmann.de
Thu Mar 1 21:53:30 UTC 2012

Hi,

I recently stumbled over
http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/collab-qa/debcluster/scripts/tasks/instest.rb?revision=2001&view=markup
and liked the way they handled packages needing a database.

I think we should add an option --allow-database that modifies
policy-rc.d so that it allows mysql and postgresql demons to be started.
It's probably more helpful to test packages needing a database with a db
available than to check their behavior in a chroot w/o db.
And we may find more things a package needs to cleanup afterwards.

--allow-database should not be enabled by default (as it may conflict
with demons already running on the host (is there anything like this on
piatti?)

There may be conflicts with the checks for running processes ...