[Piuparts-devel] automatic bug updating - false positives (was: Re: [Piuparts-commits] [SCM] piuparts git repository branch, piatti, updated. 0.42-44-g304dcfd)

Andreas Beckmann debian at abeckmann.de
Sun Mar 4 14:39:02 UTC 2012

On 2012-02-20 02:17, Holger Levsen wrote:
> The following commit has been merged in the piatti branch:
> commit 304dcfd05e1795944aca5772c3f4ebb771ebd480
> Author: Holger Levsen <holger at layer-acht.org>
> Date:   Mon Feb 20 02:17:08 2012 +0100
>
>     Enable automatic bug updating in piuparts-analyse: if a bug is not closed in a new version, it can rather very savely be assumed it's not closed.

That seems to give false positives, see http://bugs.debian.org/659779
(Actually I didn't look at the log file again, but I have an idea what
happens.)

I don't think we can automatically mark bugs as found when analyzing
upgrade tests. The failure could be caused either by the old version or
the new version.
If the sid version is fixed but the testing version fails to install we
have to wait until the fixed package migrated to testing.

This should be a per-section config setting (defaulting to 'not updating
found versions automatically')

Concerning piuparts-analyze, this needs to read the config file - and
while we are there, it should probably loop over all the sections itself
(instead of needing an extra script for this part).