[Piuparts-devel] test candidates for file conflicts between releases

Ralf Treinen ralf.treinen at pps.jussieu.fr
Tue Mar 6 16:59:09 UTC 2012

Hello,

here is a first version of a script to generate test candidates for
file conflicts between two releases. The interface and the output is
similar to the previous script but you now have option -c1 and -r1
for the first release, and -r2 -c2 for the second release. These
options may be repeated in order to accomodate for multiple areas
(main, contrib, etc.). For instance:

./potential-cross-conflicts.py -c1 squeeze.contents \
   -r1 squeeze.packages.main -r1 squeeze.packages.contrib \
   -c2 sid.contents.main -c2 sid.contents.contrib \
   -r2 sid.packages.main -r2 sid.packages.contrib -o out

The files created in the directory specified with -o now carry
names that are composed of a first packages name from the first release,
and a second package name from the second release. The case where both
package names are the same in release1 and release2 is omitted,
I guess this is what we want?

The script can obviously be improved (in particular once I will learn
how to write my own iterator objects) but it should be sufficient to
do some trial runs. Let me know.

Cheers -Ralf.
--
Ralf Treinen
Laboratoire Preuves, Programmes et Systèmes