[Piuparts-devel] test candidates for file conflicts between releases

Andreas Beckmann debian at abeckmann.de
Fri Mar 16 08:50:27 UTC 2012

On 2012-03-06 17:59, Ralf Treinen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> here is a first version of a script to generate test candidates for
> file conflicts between two releases. The interface and the output is

Thanks. Currently testing it.

Attached are a few shell scripts that I use to run some tests.

Usage would be something like:

  fetch-lists wheezy
  fetch-lists sid
  # now we have cached Contents and Packages for main, contrib,
  # non-free in lists/$DISTRO
  compute-cross wheezy sid
  # this has generated cross-$DISTRO1-$DISTRO2
  check-cross cross-wheezy-sid
  # this puts logfiles into logs/cross-$DISTRO1-$DISTRO2/{pass,fail}

So far I didn't find any interesting new failures, but I just started
the cross run.

Your script reports binutils/squeeze + hardening-wrapper/wheezy as a
potential conflict, but apt insists on upgrading binutils when
installing hardening-wrapper.

Can you change the output filename to create
  $OUTPUTDIR/${package1}=${version1}_${package2}=${version2}

That should simplify doing incremental runs.