[Piuparts-devel] short review on daves branches

Andreas Beckmann debian at abeckmann.de
Sat May 26 13:56:48 UTC 2012

* remotes/dave/purge_order
That is wrong. We already do what you want to achieve (according to the
changelog):
  - purge the dependencies (deps_to_purge)
  - purge the package under test afterwards (nondeps_to_purge)
    feel free to rename the variables to something understandable :-)
  (and yes, we want to keep the "insane" purge order:
   dependencies first, package-under-test last)

* remotes/dave/report-performance
* 5e62551a8ed replace O(n^2) search in remove_old_logs with a hash
- nice catch, although I don't see this as a big time hog, e.g.

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/piuparts-reports/Week-of-Mon-20120521/001193.html
  has only 1-2 minutes for removing logs per section (and my instance
  does it in < 1 minute
- removing/copying logs may only be expensive if a lot has changed
- the big time eater is "Writing package templates"
  that's writing 17000 files per section
(cherry-picked and tested in the last run, no problems seen)

*  remotes/dave/rrdeps
I'm curious, cherry-picked and tested it  :)
- lots of merge conflicts with unpublished changes from me, but I
finally found a solution, a patch is already on the way
(there shouldn't be two independent things in a single commit ...)
- should this be done for dependency-failed-testing,
dependency-does-not-exist and dependency-cannot-be-tested, too?
- the numbers should be separated by ', '

Oops: this happened:
  File "/org/piuparts.debian.org/share/piuparts/piuparts-report", line
1126, in write_state_pages
    "aside": aside,
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'aside' referenced before assignment

- someone please fix #663388 (gnustep-common) (62/62) :-)