[Piuparts-devel] pull for-holger

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Mon Jan 21 13:26:10 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Montag, 21. Januar 2013, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> I only try to add permanent workarounds for bugs that are not going to
> be fixed. At least in lenny or squeeze. And I try to limit the
> workarounds usually to the old distributions.

ah, good.

> Most of the workarounds is
> this series are not applicable to piatti anyway unless we restart doing
> lenny2squeeze (or even lenny), but it got a bit annoying to have tons of
> well tested patches sitting around here ...

understood.

what we could maybe do, would be to add a grep'able prefix, ie

#worksaround: #123456

so that we then can get a list of all workarounds easily and can then check
more easily which bugs have been closed in the meantime - whether due to a
real fix or the package removed or whatever...

But then, it's just a few files to go through...