[Piuparts-devel] pull for-holger

Dave Steele dsteele at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 18:07:44 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 7:25 AM, Andreas Beckmann <debian at abeckmann.de> wrote:

> I only try to add permanent workarounds for bugs that are not going to
> be fixed. ...

I'm not sure that's always the case

The idea that bugs be excepted because they won't get fixed may be
self-fulfilling - the exceptions remove visibility to the problems. Do
we need a "...but excepted bugs were encountered" issue summary?

I've also wondered about the mechanism for backing out the exceptions
should the core issues be fixed. Perhaps via a means for determining
that the exception no longer appears in the 'exception' issue report.