[Piuparts-devel] rescheduling piuparts tests for the apache/php transition

Andreas Beckmann anbe at debian.org
Mon Jun 3 13:23:20 UTC 2013

On 2013-06-02 23:47, Arno Töll wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Holger pointed me to recent piuparts reports for Wheezy2Sid upgrades
> [1]. Before you waste time to look at libapache2* issues whether to file
> bugs, I can assure you they should be all covered by [2] already. As
> such, the issue is tracked already. If you feel like, and it makes no
> additional work to you, you could add a follow-up to the bug with your
> log though.

I'll probably do this when I encounter "fails to install in sid" and can
link it to the apache transition. Primarily to set a piuparts usertag
and get the failed log marked as bugged/affected. And raising severity
to serious :-)

> Having that said, there are many more issues which are not spotted by
> piuparts currently, because you do not start the web server for web
> application modules though. Only a few of them are failing, but by
> looking at it, that's mostly unrelated to the Apache transition. I could
> have missed a few though.

piuparts would need to run in a fully virtualized environment instead of
a plain chroot to start apache etc. Patches welcome :-)
(I recently added the ability to start mysql/postgresql as that is
needed by quite some packages to install successfully ...)