[Piuparts-devel] distro.conf and chroot setup for puiparts testing

Zdenek Crha zdenek.crha at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 11:32:19 UTC 2013

Hi Andreas, Holger,

I've gone through your suggestions and I've got sort of working setup now.
Many thanks for your help. The suggestion to use 'wheezy' section in
piuparts.conf for generating base tarball worked really well.

Problem I'm facing now is connected with the actual testing. When I start
piuparts-slave it connects to the archive and test small set of packages.
Only those that do not have dependency or their dependencies can be
satisfied by the partial distribution itself.
Packages with dependencies in wheezy are untestable:

09:45:57 << ok successfully-tested=5 failed-testing=4 cannot-be-tested=0
essential-required=0 waiting-to-be-tested=0
waiting-for-dependency-to-be-tested=0 dependency-failed-testing=50
dependency-cannot-be-tested=25 dependency-does-not-exist=57
circular-dependency=0 unknown=0 unknown-preferred-alternative=0
no-dependency-from-alternatives-exists=0 total=141
09:45:57 Master application-master status: successfully-tested=5
failed-testing=4 cannot-be-tested=0 essential-required=0
waiting-to-be-tested=0 waiting-for-dependency-to-be-tested=0
dependency-failed-testing=50 dependency-cannot-be-tested=25
dependency-does-not-exist=57 circular-dependency=0 unknown=0
unknown-preferred-alternative=0 no-dependency-from-alternatives-exists=0
total=141

# piuparts.conf
[wheezy]
distro = wheezy
mirror = http://ftp.cz.debian.org/debian
proxy  = http://apt-cacher:3142
piuparts-flags = --no-symlinks
max-tgz-age = 2592000

[application-master]
distro = master
area   = non-free
depends = wheezy
piuparts-flags = --no-symlinks
upgrade-test-distros =
debug = yes

# distros.conf
[wheezy]
uri = http://ftp.cz.debian.org/debian
distribution = wheezy
components = main contrib non-free

[master]
uri = http://local-repository/application
distribution = master
components = non-free
depends = wheezy

I think that packages from Debian Wheezy are not taken in account when
computing dependencies available for testing.

I've though about using 'depends-section = main contrib' key in
[application-master] section, but it seems to apply only to the partial
archive. It would have loaded packages to test from non-free and tried to
satisfy dependencies from main and contrib component of the same archive.
Where I need to satisfy dependecies from different archive.

Is there similiar option in the distros.conf too? I have not found mention
of it, so I assumed 'depends = wheezy' means dependency on archive with
different uri and components.

I've also verified few installation and configuration issues with version
0.52. Would you prefer me to send summary email so you can triage before I
submit into bugzilla or to submit everything into bugzilla rught away?

Regards,
Zdenek Crha
--
Mind over matter - I don't mind, so it don't matter.