[Piuparts-devel] Packages configuration - was Apache configuration broken in sid

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Fri Jun 21 19:36:20 UTC 2013

Hi Dave,

On Freitag, 21. Juni 2013, Dave Steele wrote:
> Some specifics, going beyond the issues currently listed in the todo doc:

there are bugs we need to tackle.

[sudo / root for piuparts-slave]
> is actually configured). Providing a means to run piuparts as root is
> the purpose of piupartss. It should come as no surprise that it
> supports that.

It doesnt only run piuparts are root, but also all the crap piuparts tests.
*That's* the problem.

> - README_server.txt has three independent sections on installation.
> The first one just adds confusion - it should be deleted.

see TODO and please send patches ;)

> - The package installation section still refers to a piuparts-server
> package.

again, patches please...

> Personally, I'd say the only configuration required would be to define
> a repository means, to enable running on startup, and to read a
> security disclosure, leading to a sid test saved to the var partition,

which then requires the /var partition to be how big? Also, most users wont
want it in /var, so this will cause manual configuration again...