[Piuparts-devel] wheezy-next (was: Re: develop merged into piatti)

Andreas Beckmann anbe at debian.org
Thu May 9 10:49:55 UTC 2013

On 2013-05-09 12:35, Holger Levsen wrote:
>> In my setup I do run stable, stable/updates, stable-updates,
>> stable-proposed-updates, stable-backports separately, so they get tested.
>> We just can't easily merge them into one virtual distribution.
>
> As a next step, I just would like to include stable/updates when testing
> stable. Cause thats what every user will be doing. (Hopefully.)

There is some point to it :-)

>> But having a virtual distribution with several partial ones merged into
>> one may be useful, too, and I'd like to have something running for
>> wheezy-r1 ...
>
> heh! cool.
>
> so I would worry less/not at all about "pure stable" tests, rather always
> consider stable as stable+stable/updates. As such, testing proposed-updates
> gets less complex! :-)

while any/updates (aka security) should not have side effects on other
packages, fixes in any-proposed-updates may have such side effects (and
this may be intended, mainly for some pu's driven by me :-), but the
affected packages are not in pu. That's the primary reason I'll look
into wheezy-next (as in next point release).

So planned tests could be
stable (install+remove in *plain* stable)
stable-next (distupgrade from *plain* stable to stable-next)
oldstable2stable-next
maybe oldstable2stable can be phased out