[Piuparts-devel] proposed-updates and pejacevic (was Re: wheezy-next (was: Re: develop merged into piatti))

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Thu May 9 14:08:51 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Donnerstag, 9. Mai 2013, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> > As a next step, I just would like to include stable/updates when testing
> > stable. Cause thats what every user will be doing. (Hopefully.)
> There is some point to it :-)

absolutly. we should ignore the fringe usecase of having stable installed but
not using security updates. It's stupid to do so, so why should we care.

> while any/updates (aka security) should not have side effects on other
> packages, fixes in any-proposed-updates may have such side effects (and
> this may be intended, mainly for some pu's driven by me :-), but the
> affected packages are not in pu. That's the primary reason I'll look
> into wheezy-next (as in next point release).

sure.

just please call it wheezy-proposed-updates, even if its longer, it makes it a
lot easier to understand than this invented new name for an old thing.

testing pu is definitly something we should do.

btw, the new master is being set up, salve is missing:

<Mithrandir> debian.org-piuparts.debian.org - metapackage for
piuparts.debian.org
<weasel> so the question was 'does it have the piuparts meta package
installed', not 'does it have all the packages that piatti has'
<Mithrandir> so yeah, can grab that one
<Mithrandir> it grabs a bunch of r-* stuff?
<Mithrandir> oh well, I guess that's right.
<h01ger> yup
<Mithrandir> ok, installed.
<Mithrandir> I assume you might want a directory in /srv/ you can write to too
<h01ger> yup
* h01ger happily notes how outdated
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=piuparts/piuparts.git;a=blob;f=README_piatti.txt
is - its basically completly obsolete nowadays
* h01ger will think over how to install piuparts (packages/git) while
running... and reply to rt later
<h01ger> Mithrandir, thanks for setting up pejacevic so far!
<h01ger> just
<h01ger> $ ssh holger at pejacevic.debian.org
<h01ger> Permission denied (publickey).
<h01ger> if you are still looking for a hostname for the slave, me picks
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_Frances_Parke
* h01ger cheers at getting nagios alarms for pejacevic