[Piuparts-devel] piuparts setup moved to pejacevic / bytemark cluster

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Tue May 14 10:00:54 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Dienstag, 14. Mai 2013, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> There already exists a solution ...

I know, thats why I asked for it :)

> > But, before I start bikeshedding my own solution does someone of you has
> > patches already in use?
>
> What exactly do you want to have?
>
> * (upon boot, ) run a script that creates a screen with k tabs and
> starts k slaves in the screen

sounds good - though I never set up screens with tabs I have to admit.

> * what to do if the screen exists?

don't start those slaves?!!

> * if slave exits (^C, SIGINT, raise Exception) - what should happen to
> the tab?
>   - close, you don't see the errors
>   - become an interactive shell that allows to restart the slave manually

2nd

> * how should restarting be handled?
>   - shutting down all slaves ... may take some time

I dunno, you have more experience with multiple slaves. I would probably start
with handling them independently, but if you say, "been there, done that,
switch to pull their strings together after a while" I'm happy to go that
route directly.

> PS: until piatti gets decommissioned, it could still run 1 or 2 slaves
> feeding pejacevic ...

piuparts.d.o is now handled by pejacevic \o/

<weasel> anything left on piatti you care about?
<h01ger> weasel, well, the idea popped up to keep it running as a slave for
pejacevic until its decommissioned
<weasel> do you need it?
<h01ger> no, but it's _easier_ to run a 2nd slave on a 2nd machine
<h01ger> weasel, no you can turn it off
<weasel> ok