[Piuparts-devel] piuparts setup moved to pejacevic / bytemark cluster

Andreas Beckmann anbe at debian.org
Tue May 14 11:09:20 UTC 2013

On 2013-05-14 12:00, Holger Levsen wrote:
> sounds good - though I never set up screens with tabs I have to admit.

Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C    create new, but beware, there is a limit of 40 ... :-)
Ctrl-A, <[np0-9]>    switch

>> * what to do if the screen exists?
>
> don't start those slaves?!!
>
>> * if slave exits (^C, SIGINT, raise Exception) - what should happen to
>> the tab?
>>   - close, you don't see the errors
>>   - become an interactive shell that allows to restart the slave manually
>
> 2nd
>
>> * how should restarting be handled?
>>   - shutting down all slaves ... may take some time
>
> I dunno, you have more experience with multiple slaves. I would probably start
> with handling them independently, but if you say, "been there, done that,
> switch to pull their strings together after a while" I'm happy to go that
> route directly.

I don't have them started at boot, but manage them manually (restarting
the slaves happens much more frequently than rebooting) ... and I don't
really care for shutdown

OK, I'll look into my script again and lets see how we can adjust it ...