[Piuparts-devel] piuparts setup moved to pejacevic / bytemark cluster

Andreas Beckmann anbe at debian.org
Tue May 14 12:08:45 UTC 2013

On 2013-05-14 13:17, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Thinking about piuparts.conf, it should have an entry for the number of slaves
planned :-)

> and then pejacevic and the slave could indeed share it, wouldnt it be for the
> mirror-url: for pejacevic I'd like to use http, to produce nicer urls for the
> html-pages, while on the slave I want to use nfs, for performance reasons. So
> identical piuparts.conf except for that detail.

That means something like

cat > instances/Makefile: << EOF
GENERATED	= piuparts.conf.piu-slave-bm-a

all: $(GENERATED)

clean:
	$(RM) $(GENERATED)

piuparts.conf.piu-slave-bm-%: piuparts.conf.pejacevic
	sed -r /^mirror/s/http:/nfs:/ $< > $@
EOF

For long-term goals we should put the "configuration" into the
master-slave protocol ... slave could still have its own mirror setting,
but the remaining could come from master

slave >> Hi, I'm a slave running on <ARCH>.
slave >> What sections can you offer me with these restrictions:
(NOARCHIVED|NOUPGRADE|NOFANCY)
master >> sid wheezy
slave >> getconfig wheezy
slave >> section wheezy
slave >> reserve

so we have these settings truly in one place