[Piuparts-devel] new ideas for testing ...

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Tue May 14 18:53:14 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Dienstag, 14. Mai 2013, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> once the new slave runs out of backlog, we should start feeding it more
> sections.

:-)

one of the bottlenecks then becomes archive_old_logs, which really should be
rewritten to archive old logs when new logs are submitted. we're going
through, what, 175k logfiles now, to archie 200-1000, each day?

> One that I haven't tried myself, yet, is sid without /usr/share/doc,

there is even a wishlist bug for it.

and also for /usr/ being mounted ro during configure :-)

> i.e. adding these dpkg options
>               --path-exclude=/usr/share/doc/*
>               --path-include=/usr/share/doc/*/copyright
>
> I'm pretty sure we will find some new failures here :-)
> (maintainer scripts using something in /u/s/d)

yup, definitly.

> Oh, and if the master is idle, you can run daily processing several
> times a day :-)
>
> Looks like time has come to make --enable-database usable, send this to
> you and turn this on on the new slave. This will more or less disable
> the test for leaving processes running, but we haven't seen any such
> errors lately.

/me nods