[Piuparts-devel] new ideas for testing ...

Andreas Beckmann anbe at debian.org
Tue May 14 20:19:14 UTC 2013

On 2013-05-14 22:07, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Dienstag, 14. Mai 2013, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
>> archive_old_logs already takes care for this, it only consider logs
>> newer than a stamp from the previous run as candidates that can have old
>> logs ... while there is still potential for (constant factor)
>> improvement, this is not urgent
>
> Ah, ok! Then this was just because I copied all the wheezy pass logs to
> wheezy2*/pass and then esp. w2bpo2j was heavily archived... (and then I
> deleted the rest.)

wheezy2jessie can be preseeded (from wheezy)
wheezy2bpo2jessie definitively should not be preseeded (and an existing
archive should now be deleted)
(and the initial archive for wheezy2jessie should be discarded as well)

yes, an initial archiving run on a newly preseeded section may take a
bit more time

>> piuparts-report takes about 6 hours
>
> ouch.

it's only the maintainer and source summaries taking a lot of time -
probably several 100000 files getting written, and by now more than 50%
of that content should be just the section list on the left side ...