[Piuparts-devel] pull: for-holger & feature/no-usr-share-doc

Andreas Beckmann anbe at debian.org
Thu May 16 01:03:27 UTC 2013

On 2013-05-16 02:55, Holger Levsen wrote:
>> I don't see a good way to run several independent tests per section ...
>
> me neither, so run them after each other. if one of them fails, make that
> package fail the section.

How do you want to run them after each other?
Who wants to read the fail logs to report bugs?

>> We could have 10 separate tests for sid, each in its own section ... and
>> a single report for all of them ... linking to all the logfiles and
>> declaring the package failed if one of the tests failed
>
> that costs way to much in terms of generating html files....

I was thinking about 10 section tested, 1 section combined report

>> And if we are going to add more sid sections, we should run half of them
>> with --arch i386.
>
> yup, that too.

not duplicating work, but increasing coverage
we will need some variations for sid anyway

Please don't complain about having too many sections as long as the full
leftside navigation column fits on a single screen :-)