[Piuparts-devel] pull: for-holger, RFC-or-pull feature/virtual-merged-distros

Andreas Beckmann anbe at debian.org
Tue May 28 10:54:15 UTC 2013

On 2013-05-28 12:35, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> for-holger
> Andreas Beckmann (2):
>       *.py: run through reindent.py
>       *.py: move a bit towards pep8

This will cause some conflicts when rebasing outstanding branches - both
Daves and mine.

> feature/virtual-merged-distros
> Andreas Beckmann (6):
>       distros.conf: add virtual squeeze-proposed, wheezy-proposed
>       lib/db: add load_packages_urls() methods
>       lib/conf: add get_{packages,sources}_urls() stubs
>       p-[msr]: switch to load_packages_urls()
>       lib/conf: resolve candidates to multiple URLs
>       lib/db: drop obsolete read_packages_file()
      p.conf.anbe: [wheezy-proposed] (wheezy + wheezy/updates +
wheezy-proposed-updates)

Added an example how to use it.

How would we want to use this on pejacevic?
One possibility I see is to add both [wheezy-proposed] and
[wheezy2proposed] to cover both the current and the upcoming point
release. Both can be preseeded from [wheezy] and thereafter [wheezy]
could be retired in the future. So we would test

* install in current stable point release
* upgrade to upcoming stable point release (aka current + security +
proposed-updates)
* purge in upcoming stable point release
* install+purge in upcoming point release

(we would not test purge in the current point release)

And for preparing the next point release, we could recycle in
wheezy2proposed the rdep tree of all packages in p-u.

I would *not* switch the current "wheezy" to do "wheezy-next".