[Piuparts-devel] pull: for-holger, RFC-or-pull feature/virtual-merged-distros

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Tue May 28 11:07:40 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Dienstag, 28. Mai 2013, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> > Andreas Beckmann (2):
> >       *.py: run through reindent.py
> >       *.py: move a bit towards pep8
> This will cause some conflicts when rebasing outstanding branches - both
> Daves and mine.

I guess there is no easy way out, so.. be it.

> > feature/virtual-merged-distros
> >
> > Andreas Beckmann (6):
> >       distros.conf: add virtual squeeze-proposed, wheezy-proposed
> >       lib/db: add load_packages_urls() methods
> >       lib/conf: add get_{packages,sources}_urls() stubs
> >       p-[msr]: switch to load_packages_urls()
> >       lib/conf: resolve candidates to multiple URLs
> >       lib/db: drop obsolete read_packages_file()
>
>       p.conf.anbe: [wheezy-proposed] (wheezy + wheezy/updates +
> wheezy-proposed-updates)
>
> Added an example how to use it.

so thats useful for "main contrib non-free"?

I'm not sure we can test non-free (without checking all the licences) and I'm
not sure I want to. While I do support users needing non-free software, I
prefer to work on free software only...

> How would we want to use this on pejacevic?
> One possibility I see is to add both [wheezy-proposed] and
> [wheezy2proposed] to cover both the current and the upcoming point
> release. Both can be preseeded from [wheezy] and thereafter [wheezy]
> could be retired in the future. So we would test

As said, this worries me:

holger at pejacevic:/srv/piuparts.debian.org/htdocs$ find * -mtime -1 |wc -l
187537

htdocs/wheezy is 20k and htdocs/squeeze is 17k. So adding them both twice
means adding 74k new files, generated _twice a day_.

IMO thats just wrong.

I just don't know whats right yet.

> I would *not* switch the current "wheezy" to do "wheezy-next".

Is wheezy-next wheezy-proposed or wheezy2proposed? (Please stop the -next
confusion...)