[Piuparts-devel] pull or cherry-pick new p.conf sections

Andreas Beckmann anbe at debian.org
Thu May 30 11:34:30 UTC 2013

On 2013-05-30 12:33, Holger Levsen wrote:
>> and you may want to keep the archived wheezy logs somewhere "accessible"
>
> ? -v please

if we expire wheezy and delete the tree, you probably want to keep wheezy/archive
in wheezy-proposed/archive - for the second million :-)

>> concerning rescheduling: we should probably stop rescheduling wheezy
>> (that's a static target with some jumps at point releases where it
>> "syncs" to wheezy-proposed) and only reschedule wheezy-proposed
>
> once all packages have been tested in the released wheezy, we should do this.
> It would be quite nice to configure this, eg, dont reschedule any wheezy-logs
> which are newer than 2013-05-05 :-)

[wheezy]
reschedule-old-count = 0
expire-old-days = 0

ln -f $(find pass fail bugged affected -name \*.log -not -newermt 2013-05-06) recycle/

But then again, I'd rather do this mass rescheduling in wheezy-proposed.

> Similarily it would be nice to be able to configure piuparts-report to not
> recreate any reports for retired distros, we'll need this for lenny2squeeze
> once squeeze has been moved to archive.d.o. So we roughly have a year for this
> :)

The move to archive is not problematic, it just needs to be set in distros.conf.
And we should rerun the old sections at least whenever we change the
list of sections to keep the navigation in sync.

thinking this a bit further:

we only need to update the source summaries and maintainer summaries
if either the navigation or the content changes
lets skip mainteiner summaries for now - that's only 1/10 compared to source
* PackagesDB already has a timestamp

needsupdate = False
oldstamp = 0
if [ ! -f $source.summary ]:
	needsupdate = True
else
	oldstamp = get_stamp_time($source.summary)
foreach $pkg (binary_packages($source)):
	if test -f $pkg.log && mtime($pkg.log) > $oldstamp:
		needsupdate = True
if mtime(piuarts.conf) > oldstamp:
	needsupdate = true
if needsupdate:
	echo <!-- STAMP=$packagedb.stamp() --> > $source.summary
	echo $sourcesummary >> $source.summary