[Piuparts-devel] pull or cherry-pick new p.conf sections

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Thu May 30 11:59:42 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Donnerstag, 30. Mai 2013, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> if we expire wheezy and delete the tree, you probably want to keep
> wheezy/archive in wheezy-proposed/archive - for the second million :-)

Right. Do you propose to do this now? Seems ok to me though I then might want
to introduce counts_events.txt with the following format:

20130504, "Debian 7.0 Wheezy release"
20130615, "Debian 7.1 Wheezy point release"

etc. IOW: format: "date, event" - dates can be skipped, the events strings
will be displayed in the generated graphs.

> [wheezy]
> reschedule-old-count = 0
> expire-old-days = 0
>
> ln -f $(find pass fail bugged affected -name \*.log -not -newermt
> 2013-05-06) recycle/

hehe, nice.

> But then again, I'd rather do this mass rescheduling in wheezy-proposed.

see my first question in this mail :)

> The move to archive is not problematic, it just needs to be set in
> distros.conf.

Yes, but this doesnt stop the .html files to be generated.

> And we should rerun the old sections at least whenever we
> change the list of sections to keep the navigation in sync.

yes

> thinking this a bit further:
>
> we only need to update the source summaries and maintainer summaries
> if either the navigation or the content changes
> lets skip mainteiner summaries for now - that's only 1/10 compared to
> source * PackagesDB already has a timestamp
>
> needsupdate = False
> oldstamp = 0
> if [ ! -f $source.summary ]:
> 	needsupdate = True
> else
> 	oldstamp = get_stamp_time($source.summary)
> foreach $pkg (binary_packages($source)):
> 	if test -f $pkg.log && mtime($pkg.log) > $oldstamp:
> 		needsupdate = True
> if mtime(piuarts.conf) > oldstamp:
> 	needsupdate = true
> if needsupdate:
> 	echo <!-- STAMP=$packagedb.stamp() --> > $source.summary
> 	echo $sourcesummary >> $source.summary

nice. please send a proper patch :) (with some comments)