[Piuparts-devel] distro.conf and chroot setup for puiparts testing

Zdenek Crha zdenek.crha at gmail.com
Fri May 31 08:25:57 UTC 2013

Hi,

In our company we are developing Debian packages for our software and I've
been trying to setup testing using distributed version of piuparts. I've
read the documentation, did few experiments but I still have some questions.

I'm trying to setup piuparts to create base chroot for test from Debian
Wheezy, but install and test packages from different archive and
distribution (containing our local packages).

I was able to do that with command line version by creating pbuilder chroot
tar and supplying sources using --extra-repo and --mirror switches.

I though I could replicate the setup in distributed version using partial
distributions:

[application]
uri = http://localrepo/application
distribution = master
components = non-free
depends = wheezy

and specifying custom section in piuparts.conf

[application]
distro = application
piuparts-flags = --no-symlinks
upgrade-test-distros =

The slave run always failed because it tried to create chroot from
http://localrepo/application which contains only application packages and
not Debian system.

I suspect that
a) I'm not correctly linking configuration about [application] section with
[application] partial distribution
b) I'm trying to use two mirrors which might not be possible
c) both reasons are valid and some more :-)

When I've just used distro=wheezy in section config, I was able to create
chroot without hitch, slave was running and periodically checking master
but nothing was being tested.

I tried to find out from documentation how is the piuparts master getting
information about packages to test, but without luck. The only hint I found
was in master cron.d file:

#
# generate reports twice a day
#  (dinstall runs 1|7|13|19:52, so this is long after mirror pushes...)
#
0  0,12 * * * /usr/share/piuparts/master/generate_daily_report

which might or might not be related. Did I miss something in docs or
configuration?

Zdenek Crha
--
Mind over matter - I don't mind, so it don't matter.